Other Fusion and Plasma Physics Resources on the Internet
Note: These links will open new windows since they carry one outside of the FusEdWeb "portal".
Education and Public Outreach-Oriented Web Sites
- The Internet Plasma Physics Education eXperience (IPPEX)
- Fusion Education at General Atomics
- Be sure to visit the Web-based Fusion "Slide Show" by General Atomics' Fusion Group.
- Inertial Fusion Energy Tutorial at U.C. Berkeley
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences at the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Plasma Science and Technology Home Page - more than you ever wanted to know about plasmas!
- Plasma Coalition outreach page
- American Institute of Physics (esp. their Public Email Lists):
- AIP FYI Bulletins - Information about science funding, including fusion
- Physics News Update - Major physics news stories, including fusion (technical)
- American Nuclear Society
- American Physical Society
- Australian Institute of Energy
- European Physical Society
- Fusion Power Associates
- IEEE Nuclear & Plasma Sciences Society
- Institute of Physics
- National Academy Press:
- University Fusion Association (UFA)
Business and Industry Sites
- 4th State, Inc. (Plasma Processing Equipment)
Laboratory, University, and Project Home PagesA more comprehensive listing is the Plasma on the Internet page maintained at the Weizmann Institute in Israel. It's for all of plasma physics.
United States - Universities
- Auburn University - Plasma Physics
- Caltech - Bellan's Group
- Columbia University - Applied Physics
- Georgia Tech Fusion Research Center and Nuclear Engineering
- Hampton University Center for Fusion Research and Training
- Lehigh University Physics Department
- MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center (at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- North Caroline State University Department of Nuclear Engineering
- Princeton University Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL)
- Princeton University Graduate Program in Plasma Physics
- Plasma Dynamics Laboratory (at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY) Space Science Institute (at the University of Colorado, Boulder)
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB) -
- University of California, Davis (UCD) - Fusion
- University of California, Irvine - Plasma Physics, within the Physics and Astronomy department.
- University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) - Plasma Physics
- University of California, San Diego (UCSD) - Fusion
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) - Nuclear Engineering
- University of Maryland, Institute for Plasma Research
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - Nuclear Eng. and Radiological Sciences
- University of Rochester, Laboratory for Laser Energetics
- University of Texas
- University of Wisconsin - Madison - Fusion Programs
- William & Mary - Plasma Physics
United States - National and Private Laboratories
- Argonne National Laboratory - Technology Development Programs. Also Fusion Power Program
- Boeing Aerospace High Energy Systems (working on ITER)
- Office of Inertial Fusion and the National Ignition Facility Project, U.S. Department of Energy
- General Atomics Fusion Group (GA) - Educational Site
- General Atomics Fusion Group (GA) - Technical Site
- Lawrence Livermore
National Laboratory (LLNL)
- National Ignition Facility at Livermore
- Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), including
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory - Fusion Division (ORNL)
- Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL)
- Laboratory for Laser Energetics, operated by the University of Rochester.
- Sandia National Laboratories
- In particular Pulsed Power Technology and
- High Energy Density and Inertial Confinement Fusion )
- Space Science Institute, Boulder, Colorado
Outside the United States
- Alfven Laboratory, Sweden (Fusion; also Plasma Physics)
- Australian Fusion Research Group
- Canadian Center for Magnetic Fusion (and the Tokamak de Varennes)
- Centro de Fusao Nuclear-Associacao Euratom/IST (Portugal)
- Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
- CIEMAT Fusion, Madrid, Spain
- Consorzio di Magnetofluidodinamica, Trieste, Italy
- CRPP-EPFL (Centre de Recherches en Physique des Plasmas, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Culham / UKAEA Fusion (United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority fusion research lab at Culham)
- Czech Academy of Sciences - Institute of Plasma Physics (including the tokamak CASTOR)
- Darmstadt, Germany - Arbeitsgruppe Laser- und Plasmaphysik at the Institut für Angewandte Physik
- Frascati Tokamak - Upgrade (Frascati, Italy)
- Fusion BFR International Working Group
- GSI, Darmstadt, Germany - Heavy Ion Accelerator - Plasma and Beam Physics
- Imperial College (London) Plasma Physics
- INRS- Énergie & Matériaux, Quebec, Canada
- Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (JAERI), Naka, Japan
- JT-60U, Japanese tokamak project
- Joint European Torus (JET-EFDA), Culham, England
- Juelich, Germany - Institut fur Plasmaphysik at Forschungszentrum Juelich (Textor)
- Large Helical Device (LHD), superconducting stellarator project in Japan.
- LULI - France (ICF)
- Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics, Garching, Germany
- KFKI-RMKI Plasma Physics, Budapest, Hungary (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- National Institute for Fusion Science, Nagoya, Japan
- PSI (Paul Scherrer Institute), Villigen, Switzerland.
- Tore Supra, Cadarache, France
- UKAEA/Fusion (Culham) (United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority fusion research lab at Culham)
- Weizmann Institute of Science, Plasma Laboratory, Israel
Other Extensive Lists of Fusion and Plasma Physics Sites
- Plasma on the Internet (Weizmann Institute, Israel) This has over 150 links to plasma sites around the world, grouped by country.
- The Plasma Science and Technology Home Page (Tim Eastman) This also has many links; includes fusion within the broader scope of plasma science and technology.
- General Atomics' Fusion Research Index
- MIT - Kevin Wenzel's List of Fusion Pages This has over 100 links, but - Editorial Comment - last time I checked it wasn't very organized.
- University of Illinois - American Nuclear Society Student Section
- The Internet Pilot to Physics (TIPTOP), from the Institute of Physics (UK) - all of physics
- Yahoo's Index of Fusion Sites
- sci.physics.plasma (moderated)
- sci.physics.fusion (unmoderated)
- Archives (1989 to 1995) (archived at FusEdWeb)